- Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Character Creation Fanatic...

I think I'm just somewhat infatuated w/ getting closure of modeling, rigging/weight-painting and exporting a figure from Carrara into Second Life via the Collada export option...

I've been absent for a while (see other blog), and immediately as I return I set out to finish that mission: "Go from Carrara to Second Life w/o any other program"... Am I a glutton for punishment?!?

I still don't know if it's a Carrara or Collada or SL issue, and I guess I never will... At least Blender has been given new life in the form of a major upgrade, and they are even embedding export features specific to the SL community... I will doing some "tests", nothing new, lol... Things move to fast in this arena to obtain nay sense of stability, I can't lock down a workflow when the programs change every few weeks, Blender is great, but you really have to stay on top of it, for some it's a wonderful thing, but for me, I need some level of routine to increase productivity and creativity.

I'm going to be poking abouts investigating the new Poser Pro 2012 release, from what I've seen the weight-painting looks great, but I really only need it for SL content creation, a way to NOT use blender and stick w/ programs and toolsets I know and am comfortable with... I guess that's going through a lot of trouble to avoid Blender, LOL, but it just has not clicked w/ me yet. I'd have to devote a lot of time to it, it's too complex a program to just exploit for SL purposes... I mean, that's where I am starting, but I'd rather be doing it all in Carrara =)

Im pretty sold on getting Quidam and Creature Creator, I've always been fond of character creation, would be nice to finally take it all the way. Between getting a nice T-Posed Model to distort, morph and paint w/ ZBrush and 3D Coat and my creativity, I can have some real fun =P

No comments:

Post a Comment